Complaints and Disputes Procedure
- a) Make this Complaints and Disputes Procedure available to a potential or actual customer (“the customer”) via the CancerCare website www.cancercare.org.uk, or upon request
- b) Handle all complaints in accordance with this Complaints and Disputes Procedure
- c) Advise the Gambling Commission on the status of all disputes that are referred to the Promoter (see below).
The Complaints and Disputes Procedure is outlined as follows:
- In the event that a customer has encountered a problem or has a concern to raise in respect of the Lottery, then CancerCare will in the first instance advise the customer to contact the Lottery Office.
- Any problems or concerns that are brought to the Lottery Office’s attention will be formally recorded within the Lottery Complaints Log, initially as an ‘incident’, for CancerCare future analysis and Gambling Commission reporting purposes.
- We aim to respond as soon as possible, but normally within five days. If the investigation of the complaint is likely to take longer than five days, we will write to you to let you know the proposed timescales and next steps, aiming to resolve your complaint within a maximum of 30 days.
- We will investigate your complaint involving relevant parties as necessary.
- We will contact you to let you know the outcome of your complaint and any actions we have taken as a result of this.
- If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint, you should put your complaint in writing to Alison Stainthorpe, CancerCare, Slynedales, Slyne Road Lancaster LA2 6ST. The matter will be escalated to a ‘dispute’, if applicable.
- You will then be sent an acknowledgement of your complaint in writing including a copy of this procedure, within 48 hours of us receiving it and an investigation of your complaint will then begin.
- Every effort will be made to complete this investigation within 7 days of receipt.
- We will then contact you with our findings, recommendations and proposed actions.
- If you are still not satisfied, we will refer you to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) (www.ibas-uk.com) within two months of our decision.
- The Fundraising Standards Board will consider your complaint in light of the Fundraising Promise and the Institute of Fundraising’s codes of fundraising practice.