The Rules Of The Weekly Lottery Game
- 1) Your purchase of CancerCare Weekly Lottery entries is from CancerCare (North Lancashire & South Cumbria) (“The Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
- 2) All proceeds from the Lottery go to CancerCare (North Lancashire & South Cumbria) (Registered office address: Slynedales, Slyne Road, Lancaster LA2 6ST. Registered Charity No.: 1120048).
3) You represent and agree that;
a) You are 16 years of age or over
b) You are a resident of Great Britain
c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 16
d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- 4) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraphs 3 (a), (b) (c) and (d) above.
- 5) You accept that the CancerCare Lottery is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your lottery entries. Licence Number: 005220
- 6) The prizes for the CancerCare Lottery are printed on the tickets in the leaflets provided and are advertised on the CancerCare website www.cancercare.org.uk. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- 7) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted. Players’ lottery entry money (which has the same definition as ‘customer funds’ as defined in clause 4 of the Gambling Commission’s Licencing Conditions and Codes of Practice) will be held in a separate bank account so that, in the unlikely event of the insolvency of CancerCare, such funds will be protected.
- 8) The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
- 9) The Promoter will conduct the weekly lottery draw every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- 10) The winning numbers will be published in the local press, on a local radio station, at the CancerCare and Lakes Centres, in the local CancerCare shops, on the CancerCare website www.cancercare.org.uk and will be available via the CancerCare Lottery Office helpline from the following working day. Please telephone 01524-752444 (Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.).
- 11) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- 12) The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
- 13) The Promoter operates a Complaints And Disputes Procedure which is available via the CancerCare website www.cancercare.org.uk and which will also be made available to customers upon request.
- 14) CancerCare is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the CancerCare website www.cancercare.org.uk, or request further information via the Lottery Helpline on 01524 752444.
- 15) Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
- 16) The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.